To find a way in creating and making the available & actual consumer benefit is very important to success. Once the consumer does not see and receive the benefits from their newly bought smart appliance, they will have decline interest in actually buying one. On the other side of the spectrum, there are limitless opportunities for the equipment makers today that can actually serve the market. The opportunities are huge and several to satisfy the customers especially in utility and some service providers.
In the manufacturing level, the customers actually needs the following capabilities:
- Get the perceived actual value the consumer has identified or determined.
- Create an integration with the traditional utility and also with the other customers & service providers; and
- align their values holistically with the physical requirements and economic signals of the
- Make sure to align the values of the companies holistically and should be in line with other physical requirements and other economic signals that
isvital inthe local level. It should be definite that the utilities and other new service providers require technologies that makes this vision realistic.
- The localized distribution should allow the grid peak power reduction in order to decrease other costs and risk that may come in equipment manufacturing. The grid resilience should be able to give
responsein the operational stress that is present and the speedrecovery in an event of outage.
- Give financial incentive to the industrial companies and the consumer alike for the grid services in response to other physical conditions, economic signals, and the consumers’ preferences should be defined to allow local activation.
- Have synergy system operations with customer, utility and other devices seamlessly. This should be upgraded or rather replaced in an easy way without risking for need of outages.
In the bulk level, the system operations will require solutions that will:
- to be able to easily adapt to DER and create self-dispatched distributed resources in an efficient manner.
- to be able to effectively refine several load forecast to minimize the need for the ancillary services.
- give a situational awareness in grid operations level while servicing the restoration of other distributed devices; and
- Have synergy of operations with the utility, service provider and the customers’ devices seamlessly.
When it comes to the price point that the DER should decline, the consumer preference in terms of sustenance will have the local resources grow. It should not be a question once the locality incurs a need to address the identified risks. But as an industry, the response to this uncertainty should lead to the creation of the increased flexible network applicable to all networks of electricity deliverability system capable enough to have the expansion of the consumer participation and other options.
This regulation should be able to support the ongoing development of wide customer participation and be able to effectively flex the systems to be able to achieve the desired benefits. This can also differ from the innovative solutions what will eventually appear.